Whether you’re having brunch with your family or simply having a break from alcohol, mocktails are the perfect sophisticated drink. The question, however, is how can you learn to make non-alcoholic cocktails for yourself?
Here at Fentimans, we’re on a mission to spread joy with our feel-good, taste-good mocktail recipes. Read our blog to find out how you can become a master mixologist without the fuss by effortlessly building your ingredients in a glass – no shaking necessary!
What are easy mocktails for beginners?
The secret to making a delicious mocktail is practice. If you’re a beginner, you should choose refreshments for their flavour over their flair.
VIRGIN MOSCOW MULE
The Moscow Mule is a classic refreshment bursting with subtle sweetness, spicy ginger, and zingy lime.
- 200 ml Fentimans botanically brewed ginger beer 80 ml refreshing soda water
- 1 scoop of crushed ice
- 2 whole limes
- 1 lime wheel and a sprig of fresh mint to garnish
- To create your own delicious mocktail, scoop crushed ice into your chosen glass. If you’re looking to pay homage to the Moscow Mule’s heritage, use an artisan copper mug as your receptacle.
- Pour our fiery ginger beer on top of the ice.
- Cut 2 limes into four segments and squeeze the fresh juice into your mocktail glass.
- Top with a splash of bubbling soda water.
- Remember to garnish with a sprig of mint and a wheel of lime.
LEMON AND ROSEMARY “G&T”
It’s no secret that gin and tonic is a crowd-pleaser. Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to add a sophisticated twist to your mocktail.
- 50 ml non-alcoholic gin
- 200 ml Fentimans herbal infused Indian tonic water
- 1 scoop of cubed ice
- ¼ lemon
- 1 lemon wheel and 1 sprig of fresh rosemary to garnish
- Start by gently rubbing your sprig of rosemary around the inside and rim your glass. This will infuse your drink with the refreshing herb. We recommend choosing a decedent gin goblet, as the bulbous shape will enrich your sense of smell while drinking.
- Fill ¾ of your glass with cubed ice.
- Cut your ¼ of lemon into two segments and squeeze on top of the ice.
- Add your favourite non-alcoholic gin.
- Top with our premium Indian tonic water and stir the ingredients.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and the leftover rosemary sprig.
What are the best mocktails for a first-time drink?
Simplicity doesn’t mean compromising on taste. With your ease of mind as a priority, you can try these two easy mocktail recipes as a first-time drink.
PINK LEMONADE SPRITZ
Delicate and sweet, a Pink Lemonade Spritz is perfect for a first-time mocktail.
- 180 ml Fentimans Rose Lemonade
- ¼ lemon
- 2 frozen strawberries and 1 fresh strawberry
- Start by cutting 2 fresh strawberries into quarters and place them in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Once frozen, place the strawberry quarters into your chosen glass. You can serve this premium mocktail in a champaign flute to look and feel sophisticated.
- Add the juice of ¼ of a lemon onto your chopped fruit.
- Fill your glass with of our cold and crisp rose lemonade.
- Next, cut 1 fresh strawberry into quarters and garnish liberally.
Roy Rodgers is a classic mocktail for those with a sweet tooth.
- 240 ml Fentimans curiosity Cola
- 25ml grenadine
- 1 scoop of cubed ice
- 1 fresh maraschino cherry
- Add 1 scoop of cubed ice into a glass. We recommend using a highball glass to make this tall, dark, and exquisitely handsome mocktail.
- Pour grenadine over the ice.
- Top with our invigorating cola mixer.
- Garnish with a deliciously sweet maraschino cherry.
Mocktails are the ideal refreshments for everyone, everywhere. No matter the recipe, you can perfect your mocktail with Fentimans botanically brewed beverages.