Gin and Rose Lemonade Ombre Cake
A light sponge baked with ombre pink layers to match the delicate gin and Rose Lemonade flavour.
- The Cake
- 270g Caster Sugar
- 270g Unsalted Butter (at room temp)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 270g Sieved Self-Raising Flour
- 1 Large Splash of Milk
- 20ml of Fentimans Rose Lemonde
- 20ml Gin
- Pink Food Colouring
- 250g Unsalted Butter (at room temp)
- 450g Icing Sugar
- 1tbsp of Gin
- 1tbsp of Fentimans Rose Lemonade
- Sprinkles or Similar – Decorate as you Wish!
- Grease and line 3 x 6” round cake tins with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
- Add the butter and caster sugar to a bowl and beat until pale and creamy – this can take around 3-4 minutes.
- Add your eggs one at a time mixing each one until smooth.
- Add the milk, gin and Rose Lemonade and stir in slowly until combined.
- Sieve your flour and add in two parts mixing until smooth.
- Add some pink food colouring, split the mixture equally into three bowls and add a little more to each one to create three different shades of pink.
- Fill each tin and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, test the cake after 30 minutes – a skewer should come out clean.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl mix together the icing sugar and butter until pale and smooth. Add the gin and Rose Lemonade and pipe between each layer and smooth around the top and outside.