Gin and Rose Lemonade Drizzle Cake
A light sponge baked with gin and Fentimans Rose Lemonade for a delicious floral cake.
- 8oz Unsalted Butter, softened
- 12oz Self-Raising Flour
- 12oz Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 2tbsp Gin
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 6tbsp Milk
- 3tbsp Icing Sugar
- 50ml Gin
- 50ml Fentimans Rose Lemonade
- 6tbsp Icing Sugar
- 2tbsp Fentimans Rose Lemonade
- 1tbsp lemon Juice
- (For caramelised lemons, slice one lemon, sprinkle with sugar and bake at 180C for 15 minutes until slightly caramelised, allow to cool)
- Preheat oven to 150C. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add all other ingredients and mix for 5 minutes until smooth and fully incorporated. If mixture is slightly too thick, add 1-2 tbsp of milk.
- Spoon mixture into loaf tin and smooth. Bake for 1 hour, covering with baking paper halfway through to prevent from burning, until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Mix all ingredients for drizzle. When cooked poke holes in cake and pour over drizzle, allow to soak into the cake, sprinkle with sugar and cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix all the ingredients together. For thicker glaze add more icing sugar. Pour over cake and decorate with caramelised lemons and rose petals.