Gin & Pink Grapefruit Tonic Cheesecake
A no-bake vegetarian fresh Gin & Pink Grapefruit Tonic Cheesecake with a sweet buttery moreish crisp biscuit base.
- Biscuit Base
- 250g Digestives
- 150g Unsalted Butter
- Cheesecake Filling
- 500g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 100g Crème Fraiche
- 125g Icing Sugar
- Juice of one Grapefruit
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 2 sachets Vege-Gel
- 300ml Double Cream
- 75ml of Gin
- 50ml of Fentimans Pink Grapefruit Tonic Water
For the Biscuit Base
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and set aside to cool whilst you smash your biscuits until they are crushed and fine. You can do this in a food processor or in a bowl with the end of a rolling-pin.
- Mix both together until combined.
- Press the biscuits into the base of a 20cm deep spring form tin and make sure it’s firmly pressed down and level.
- Refrigerate until the next stage is complete, or at least for 20 minutes.
For the Cheesecake Filling
- Take a saucepan and add the juice and pulp of the grapefruit, gin, tonic and caster sugar and both sachets of veg-gel mixing slowly until combined and it starts to bubble, creating a syrup.
- Take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- In your stand mixer, with a whisk attachment (or bowl if using a hand-whisk), add your cream cheese, crème fraiche and icing sugar. Whisk together till smooth.
- Starting slowly, pour in the syrup until it’s all whisked in, and smooth.
- Add in your double cream and whisk again till smooth.
- Pour the mixture in the tin, and smooth over.
- Leave to set in the fridge overnight and decorate with candied grapefruit.